Support Sailing Heals Through Donation, Involvement, Sponsorship
The mental health impact of COVID-19 — especially on the people we serve — has made the Sailing Heals mission even more meaningful. Our programming is made possible through the support of individual donations, the many volunteers who take part in our sailing events, the generosity of host captains who volunteer their time and vessels, and the financial support of local businesses and corporate philanthropy.
Individual Donations & Tributes
Whether you’ve had a personal experience with a life-altering medical condition or want to help bring the benefits of a day at sea to patients and caregivers navigating serious illness, individual donations provide vital support for Sailing Heals’annual programming.
If you wish to honor a loved one, you can make a donation in any amount through our Sailing Hearts program. Sailing Hearts can also be suggested in lieu of flowers. Please contact us if you are interested in arranging a dedicated donation, or would like information about a Sailing Hearts memorial page in honor of your loved one.
Vessel Owners & Members of the Sailing Community
Sailing Heals’ success has been possible because of the gracious hospitality of our host captains, as well as the way the sailing community. Although we shifted to larger group sails aboard historic schooners to continue our programming during the pandemic, Sailing Heals is seeking volunteer host captains to match patients and caregivers 1-1, for smaller, more intimate sailing experiences.
If you would like to learn more about becoming a host captain, we would love to hear from you.
Local Business & Corporate Sponsorship
Sailing Heals is grateful for the generous support of local businesses, organizations, and corporate sponsors. There are many ways in which you can support our mission and programming.
Cancer and other serious illnesses everyone in some way. Incorporating Sailing Heals into your charitable giving and volunteering programs are easy ways to provide employees and program participants with a memorable and rewarding experience. Some ideas:
- Corporate donations & community grants to support Sailing Heals programming goals.
- Employee volunteer hours abord sail events & employee volunteerism grants.
- Employee matching gift programs, peer-to-peer fundraising challenges.
- Sponsoring an employee-dedicated sail event in support of employees & family members navigating cancer and serious illness.
- In memoriam of employees (and/or family members) who have lost lives due cancer, COVID-19 or other serious illness.
- Sponsoring a Sailing Heals special themed special sail in alignment with your charitable giving focus (for example, pediatric, Veterans, Community healthcare heroes, healthcare equity, specific disease).
- In-kind donations for sail events, fundraising events, annual auction (for example goods, venue, guest speaker/presenter).
For more information about corporate giving and sponsorship, please contact us. We would love to discuss opportunities with you.