Join a Sail
About our Sails
Sailing Heals provides a restorative, inspiriting sailing experience for patients and caregivers navigating cancer. Invited caregivers can be a friend, family member, healthcare professional, or personal assistant.
Our schooner sails can accommodate 25 to 30 participants per sail. We may be able to accommodate an additional family member if space allows.
If you are a patient navigating a serious illness other than cancer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss eligibility.
2023 Sailing Heals Sail Schedule
Sailing Heals is excited to announce its 2023 schooner sail schedule. We will update this with additional locations, schooners, and special sail events as they are confirmed. All scheduled sails require registration. Please email us with your interest and desired sail date to reserve a place for you and a guest/caregiver. If you are unable to make a scheduled sail, we may be able to match you with a local volunteer host captain for a 1-1 restorative sail. Please reach out with your interest.
Sail Schedule: Schooner Fame of Salem, MA
The Schooner Fame is located at Pickering Wharf Marina, 86 Wharf Street, Salem. Plan to arrive 30 minutes ahead of time to check-in. Boarding begins 15 minutes before the scheduled sail time. Please read our FAQs for sail info and tips on how to prepare for your excursion.
- Monday, July 10: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, morning sail. A few spots available.
- Tuesday, July 18: 3:00 – 5:00 PM, afternoon sail.
- Wednesday, July 26: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, morning sail.
- Thursday, August 10: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, morning sail.
- Tuesday, August 15: 4:30 – 6:30 PM, afternoon sail.
- Friday, August 18: 9:30 – 11:30 AM, morning sail.
- Sunday, August 27: 4:00 – 6:00 PM, afternoon sail. Waitlist only.
- Thursday, September 14, 3:00 – 5:00 PM, afternoon sail.
- Thursday, September 21, 5:30 – 7:30 PM, sunset sail.